· If possible book your moving services well ahead to secure your ideal
· Remember to contact your local post office and fill-out forwarding address forms.
· Notify your telephone, hydro, cable and internet company.
· Do not have your land line phone disconnected until after loading day, unless you have a cell phone.
· Reserve ample parking for the truck. In the winter, be sure to have the parking area and walkways clear of snow and ice. If
you live on a tight street where parking might be a problem for the truck, simply call the city at 311 and they will set you up with a permit.
· Notify the building management of your moving day/time, reserve the elevator.
· Prepare an “Unload First” carton with essentials that you’ll need immediately at your new home (Essential Items). Include a bag filled with hardware from disassembled items, such as dresser mirrors and beds.
· Try to keep boxes to 50 pounds or less and always lift with your legs. Tape the bottom of all boxes to make certain they will hold your belongings.
· Pack books flat, not standing on end (which may cause damage to the spines). Books are extremely heavy, so don’t pack too many in one box.
· Items that can’t be moved with us include: flammable items, combustible items, aerosol cans, hazardous materials (Items that are flammable, corrosive or explosive)
Packing advice (if your are packing yourself):
· Give yourself enough time to pack.
· Don’t pack the boxes overly heavy.
· Use packing paper for your fragile such as dishes.
· Try to use a maximum of 3 different box sizes.
· If you have pictures and other decorations that fit into a box, use it.
· Make sure the boxes close at the top, do not leave items sticking out.
· Try to avoid packing in garbage bags, they do not stack well in the truck.
· All Access Moving offers a full packing service, but, if you are packing yourself, remember; The more organized you are, the faster your move will go, and the more money you will save!
· If you have any questions at all about packing your stuff please don’t hesitate to ask!